View Single Post
Old 19-04-2016, 10:50 PM #1014

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
This as I have said many times, is not just a decision for me personally or anyone else personally,this is a decision that will affect us all personally but it will also map out the future of the whole Nation too as well as the future generations too.
That is so true I have three children, the eldest 17 and the youngest 8, none of which have the vote. Any decision we make on the 23rd of June will affect them for the rest of their lives.

All I see is the politicians of the far left and far right of the political spectrum campaigning to leave, while those in the centre of British politics are campaigning to stay. I would hate for us to leave and be left either of the two more extreme ends of British politics to be in control of the county. I can just imagine them pushing us into a position that is confrontational and further marginalising us from that of our neighbours. Centre ground politics might be boring but it is this grouping where thankfully most of policies are made and enacted.

The EU might not always be perfect, but no marriage of views from so many different counties will ever be perfect, but it better to find agreement and common ground than to fight against each other. If anything the EU is an example of diplomacy working and what it can achieve in comparison to that of conflict and disagreement that have wrecked so many regions of the world.

I see it as healthy that we are debating the EU and if we vote stay I hope it continues. If we didn't question the EU then we wouldn't have a healthy democracy as it is that debate that defines what we the British people want from the EU and that helps shape its future. We can't do that from the outside, all we can do then just disagree and shut up because nobody would listen.