Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
Well personally I can't like housemates if I dislike them as people, and the point is these characters aren't entertaining to ME, so I would want them off the show. A lot of the characters like Helen aren't entertaining anyway, there just loud show ruiners who take away more than they give.
And that's also fine, you don't have to like them - but personally I just don't understand why any fan of the show would go out of their way to actively dismantle it. Like, for me, take sides and have your opinions on storylines - that's the point of the show - but don't wish for those storylines to be taken apart, appreciate them for what they are and the benefit they are to the show

Surely for the most part it is better to have an opinion on something or someone than none at all? That is what the show is about. BB15 US is one of the most infuriating seasons of reality TV I've ever seen but in hindsight I appreciate it because it had enormous pulling power and had me engrossed the entire way through because I was actively rooting against certain people. Kind of a contradictory example but that's because of the different formats, but the sentiment about divisive characters is still there

(I also think in provoking lots of discussion you're automatically entertaining - obvious extreme exceptions like Dennis and Daley aside - but that's a different debate entirely and probably best left till the summer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeB View Post
I do agree with we do need hateful characters/storylines but do we really need them shove down our throats? BB nowadays is all about arguments like all Helen did was shout and have arguments(which makes her a one trick pony)which is not good TV in any way that was boring so it makes me want to have a steve sitting on a coach than that. We need to see them have fun, drama here and there, a feud that's not taking all of the season up etc.
Contrary to popular belief on here, and I really don't know how many times I am going to have to say this before it sticks - I don't find constant arguing entertaining either (nor is it a condition of me liking a housemate) I find it just as draining as anybody else does. I also look for humour and fun in Big Brother and agree that C5's mantra of shoving certain housemates down your throat and manufacturing drama is atrocious, but given the choice I would STILL rather have that than an alternative where nothing happens

Last edited by Jack_; 19-04-2016 at 11:40 PM.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote