BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBB View Post
I read today that Michael Gove said that he wants to leave the EU and instead join the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) - now I'm not sure if he is aware, but that organisation does require us to maintain freedom of movement and we have to also pay more to access the market. We also then cannot send British MEPs to vote on law, so we are essentially just removing democracy from the hands of the UK and placing it within other european nations with a move like that.

I am one in the minority probably who would really like us to maintain the freedom of movement, but if we're going to do it, then we may as well do it from within the European Union where we have a say in what laws govern us. EFTA countries have to accept more-or-less the same legislation that Europe collectively passes without having a hand to raise in that. I don't understand why you'd choose to put yourself into a situation like that.

I am very happy to be one of your minority too Josh.

I personally feel the free movement issue is being badly presented by the 'out' side, I actually believe it is a good thing and as Nations in the EU eventually catch up with the more successful Nations in the EU, then less likely will their citizens want to move anyway.
I really believe the UK helping that process of the smaller Nations catching up,by remaining in the EU will be really beneficial to both the UK and the EU, as you say being there to help form and make decisions across the board.

However I am with you and Red Moon in a belief that the free movement is not a bad thing at all, no need for it to be presented in a sinister way at all in my opinion.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote