Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

I hope any 'genuine' wrong views here by any in the party are dealt with and eradicated.

I now have many friends and indeed fellow Labour party members,who are on the far left as a political term, who are furious and appalled at the comments supported by that MP and would be against anyone else who really held those views too.
However not liking Israel's policies or its govt or even some individuals from Israel is not wrong.
A massive disservice is done to the masses of decent people on the left who equally hate such views as anyone else in the political spectrum may do.

I am someone who is very pro Israel because I have a god few Jewish friends,oddly enough they do not see any one side as being supporters of anti-semitism,even the ones who vote Conservative said to me last night, they doubt the Labour party is a party rife with same, they feel sure this inquiry will not result in any great findings of racism or anti-semitism.
Although they doubt Corbyns sincerity on this issue.

It is as unhelpful to say the left are anti-semetic and to then give the indication that Labour party is so because of a few mindless wrongly informed and prejudiced individuals.
Like Andy Burnham on Question Time on Thursday,I would along with him if I had any belief at all that the Labour party was rife with these views,I'd leave it tomorrow but I totally believe that is not the case and its not fair either to slate all the left as to this either.

It is not wrong to criticise Israel,a good while back one of my Aunts and her family visited Israel,she was very pro Israel,however she came back sympathising more with the Palestinians than the Israelis.
Although not being against either as peoples.
That does not make her anti Israel or anti-semitic for thinking that,we have to be really careful what we define as it being, no Nation is or should be above criticism for what it does at times.

My own sympathies lie strongly with Israel and I would fight very hard against any prejudice against the Jewish people,I am now on the left of politics myself for want of having to be termed where my leanings now lie.
This is very unsavoury, 'real' anti-semitism is wrong full stop, however genuine grievances as to policies of a Nation and all other justified negative views are not anti-semitism

We need to stamp out anti-semitism wherever it may be and in any political party too but it should not be inflamed and played as a political card to brand all of one side or the other as to the only ones being so.
So I hope for a good outcome to this inquiry,I support who is leading it,I hope anyone who is found to hold these views is dealt with and expelled from the Labour party.

I still think however Corbyn has been pushed to do this,he still seems to be commenting on this in a very half hearted way.
I know that is his style but I have also seen him get really passionate and fired up on things such as nuclear weapons and so, I feel, he needs to get fired up on this and show he will be relentless in removing from the Party, friend or foe, who hold such wrong and unacceptable views.

If he fails here, it will be time for him to go in my view.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote