BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
TTIP is one of many deals that’s inspired the neoliberal movement, it has smaller sisters that are equally frightening. Have you heard of ‘CETA’? well that’s already been signed by the British Government and because its been signed for, us, Joe public, are allowed to browse through its 1,500 pages and believe me, if you care to look, you’re not going to be happy with what you see.

The word ‘trade’ is such a misleading word but one that had us all fooled when they signed the CETA deal. Its much more than being able to export and import our products, its removes government rights to control the financial market and allows destructive fossil fuels to be used across Europe but the most troubling agreement is that CETA can legally stop governments buying back public services, which means Corbyn can’t legally buy back public transport.

Cameron is a staunch supporter of TTIP and all its seriously dangerous offshoots; in fact he’s the man at the forefront of the EU pushing all countries to sign these deals. He’s not a man of the people, he’s an aggressive business man who allows great wealth to flow between the few at the expense of his citizens.

Whilst I fully respect your opinion Joey and agree with much of what you say,
I’m not prepared to sit back and accept it may never happen because it is happening and it has to stop.

The more I learn about these so called ‘trade deals’ the more it feels like we are living in the Matrix.
I could actually more likely believe that some sort of a TTIP deal would be more likely to happen between a UK out of the EU in negotiation for more trade with the USA.

I am against TTIP, and no way can I see any remote prospect of it being agreed at all in its present ridiculous form, with 'all' the EU Nations.
For me, that is another good reason to remain.

However we will have to negotiate better and more trade with the likes of the USA if we leave, so equally who is to say that sort of deal with similar conditions, would not be expected by the USA from the UK for any better trading with the USA, out of the EU.

That's another chance and risk I will not be prepared to take.
One thing is definite for sure, the UK certainly will need the USA for one, once out of the EU and even moreso if out of the single market too.

The UK alone and open to all sorts of 'gentle persuasion' from the USA negotiators as to that too then.

Last edited by joeysteele; 07-06-2016 at 12:21 PM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote