BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
Its not just the TTIP though is it Joey. As I pointed out, there are little sister deals going on behind cloaked windows and those deals are pure lunacy for the normal guy in the street.

Obama's hasty visit to the UK was for good reason. This deal is his legacy and that’s why him and Cameron have been trying to push it forward at great speed. His threats of how America will treat us if we leave Europe said it all. The TTIP will fall apart without Britain’s signature. Cameron is America’s biggest ally when it comes to these ludicrous trade agreements.

The ‘In’ campaign are now telling us that the TTIP may still go ahead in Britain if we come out or that a similar deal would/could be made. Its fear mongering nonsense. The TTIP can not happen in Britain if we come out and any new leader with an ounce of common sense and morality isn’t going to put a stand alone Britain through something that could bankrupt it in a year.
I didn't say TTIP could go ahead in the UK if out, I said a deal similar could well be on the cards though.
It seems the USA is keen on TTIP deals and in fact the EU Nations are not, hence the protests across Europe to it and the now almost fact, the TTIP deal as it stands is a non starter in the EU.

That is for me the telling point, it seems other EU Nations are even ahead of our own govt against such deals,so for me staying in is the better way tog et them rejected.

You actually said earlier our present govts leadership was in favour of TTIP, why would you think out of the EU that this present govt may not then support some similarly based deal with the USA if we leave in order to increase trading with them.
That has to be another possibility.

The one thing I am sure is that Obama's visits to the UK and to Europe have not done a thing to halt the opposition to the TTIP deal across Europe,in fact his visits have seemingly strengthened the opposition to it in the EU Nations.
So no way in my view, can I now see 27 Nations ratifying a TTIP deal with the USA, even if the UK remained in and supported TTIP.

If we come out of the EU however, we will not then have those other 27 Nations to see off any, even smaller but similar, as to content, TTIP deals that the USA may expect the UK to accept for better and more trading directly with the USA.

For me, opposition to TTIP is far better served from within the EU than out.
Just my view but no way do I see 27 EU Nations ever agreeing to ratify any TTIP deal, or in fact any similar to it with the USA.
Not a chance,I'd put money on that.

Last edited by joeysteele; 07-06-2016 at 03:58 PM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote