View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 06:28 PM #1220

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
I didn't say TTIP could go ahead in the UK if out, I said a deal similar could well be on the cards though.
It seems the USA is keen on TTIP deals and in fact the EU Nations are not, hence the protests across Europe to it and the now almost fact, the TTIP deal as it stands is a non starter in the EU.

That is for me the telling point, it seems other EU Nations are even ahead of our own govt against such deals,so for me staying in is the better way tog et them rejected.

You actually said earlier our present govts leadership was in favour of TTIP, why would you think out of the EU that this present govt may not then support some similarly based deal with the USA if we leave in order to increase trading with them.
That has to be another possibility.

The one thing I am sure is that Obama's visits to the UK and to Europe have not done a thing to halt the opposition to the TTIP deal across Europe,in fact his visits have seemingly strengthened the opposition to it in the EU Nations.
So no way in my view, can I now see 27 Nations ratifying a TTIP deal with the USA, even if the UK remained in and supported TTIP.

If we come out of the EU however, we will not then have those other 27 Nations to see off any, even smaller but similar, as to content, TTIP deals that the USA may expect the UK to accept for better and more trading directly with the USA.

For me, opposition to TTIP is far better served from within the EU than out.
Just my view but no way do I see 27 EU Nations ever agreeing to ratify any TTIP deal, or in fact any similar to it with the USA.
Not a chance,I'd put money on that.
The EU is just one huge trade agreement that wants to implement other trade agreements and because we don't know who runs the EU or even how many leaders the EU has and because we can't vote on that leadership, we, the people, don't get a choice on their decisions; in fact, half the time we don't even know they are making decisions in regard to how we are allowed to live. Its like a secret order that use Cameron, the talking head to be the bearer of bad news.

A stand alone Britain votes on its stand alone government and so the government has to pacify its citizens to stand any hope of getting elected.