View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 05:15 AM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB. View Post
I think you've got far too much time on your hands
"Too much time on my hands"? Haa MB - I am probably THE oldest member on TIBB,and I usually go to sleep around 1 to 2 AM and rise around 4.30 to 5 AM.

I regard my time as the most precious currency God has given to me - far more valuable than money - and I try to spend that currency far more wisely than I have ever done money.

I pack my long days with hard physical graft, still train once a week at my gym, and devote long hours to reading and writing, and painting and sculpting - among other pleasing pursuits - and I still leave myself time to indulge myself in more 'whimsical' activities such as contributing to this wonderful forum.

This morning for exampe, I rose at just before 4.30 and have just finished reading numerous varied and lengthy internet articles on the EU.

I have until 8 am before I dare begin renovation work on this property out of respect for my neighbours, so I am enjoying a beautiful cup of coffee (or two) and reading through some of the threads on here.

If I had a thousand pounds disposable income left after all my bills and expenses were paid, and I chose to spend it indulging myself with friends at, say, an amusement park , I leave myself wide open to criticism that I "have too much money", but that would be an erroneous observation, because I have 'taken care of business' and what remains is MY money, and I CHOOSE to spend it where and how I derive the greatest personal pleasure.

The currency which is my time is no different, and I choose to spend some of it on here - as I note from your 18,000 + posts - so do you.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote