Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbro View Post

why do people act as if the person on the outside and and the person in the house are completely different people? they're the same ffs, treat them the same, because idk, they are?
They're not though. Housemates are different to people and Big Brother is not real life. Yes he seems like a massive twat as a person, but within the confines of the house and an entertainment television programme he has yet to display any of the same prejudiced views. If he does, then fine. But what exactly is the point in us watching the show for two months if we're just going to judge the housemates by what they've done outside of the house in their real lives? It's not like we know that much about them either

I mean we may as well just find out about their entire life histories and get character references from people who know them, decide who has the cleanest background and choose a winner like that rather than wasting time watching the show? What's the point in the housemates showing up if what they do in the house isn't how we're going to judge them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samm View Post
Can't stand him, thank **** it's VTE, and I do judge housemates from what they have acted like outside of the house so that's that, it's not some separate universe.
It is though. Big Brother isn't real life, it's an entertainment television programme. You cannot honestly tell me the false, heightened environment that is a glorified television set is akin to the real world because it isn't. And there's a difference between housemates and people too, because the former are effectively characters in an unscripted soap opera.

Like I said to Lilbro, if we're gonna judge housemates by what they've done outside of the show, what's the point in us watching or the housemates bothering to show up? The idea is that they start on a blank slate and then their actions in the house determine what we make of them, or else there isn't a point in the show existing in the first place
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote