Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeB View Post
Playing up to the camera/persona etc is not the same as playing Stacey Slater on Eastenders. He's still called Andrew and is a real person like Joey Essex because he also has a persona. Big Brother is a RTV/Entertainment programme and it's real life despite them trying to force some storylines down our throats but they are not fictional characters. So therefore Andrew is a racist,sexist and homophobic scum bag
Err...when did I say it was? If you'd read the posts properly you'd have seen on both occasions I said Big Brother is effectively an unscripted soap opera, no the housemates do not have script, no they are not being told how to act, but the show Big Brother itself is in effect a soap. The editors construct a storyline and the housemates are the characters. And if someone so chooses to play out a persona throughout their stay, that's their prerogative.

Regardless, that isn't really my point. Big Brother doesn't resemble the real world in the slightest. When have you ever had to sit around in your lounge with pictures of the people you live with and nominate two of them to be evicted? When have you ever had to guess what each of their secrets are? When have you ever had to dress up in shock suits or throw fish guts on one another? What about have an argument over a shared shopping budget written on a blackboard? How about living in a secret room watching over the people you live with with cameras and headphones? Turn your house into a faux hospital and take on different roles? Sit in cardboard boxes for as long as possible? Any of these things? Because if you have, you've certainly led a more interesting life than me!

Big Brother is the furthest thing from reality. They may be real people in body, but within the context of an entertainment television programme and the confines of a glorified television set, they are housemates. And there is a difference between the two. Plus, these days you only see them for 48 minutes a night, so you hardly know them as people at all do you?

Andrew may be all of those things in his real life, but he's yet to be inside of the house and so judging him for things that have yet to happen renders the existence of the show a little pointless
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote