RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Life imitates art

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
Err...when did I say it was? If you'd read the posts properly you'd have seen on both occasions I said Big Brother is effectively an unscripted soap opera, no the housemates do not have script, no they are not being told how to act, but the show Big Brother itself is in effect a soap. The editors construct a storyline and the housemates are the characters. And if someone so chooses to play out a persona throughout their stay, that's their prerogative.

Regardless, that isn't really my point. Big Brother doesn't resemble the real world in the slightest. When have you ever had to sit around in your lounge with pictures of the people you live with and nominate two of them to be evicted? When have you ever had to guess what each of their secrets are? When have you ever had to dress up in shock suits or throw fish guts on one another? What about have an argument over a shared shopping budget written on a blackboard? How about living in a secret room watching over the people you live with with cameras and headphones? Turn your house into a faux hospital and take on different roles? Sit in cardboard boxes for as long as possible? Any of these things? Because if you have, you've certainly led a more interesting life than me!

Big Brother is the furthest thing from reality. They may be real people in body, but within the context of an entertainment television programme and the confines of a glorified television set, they are housemates. And there is a difference between the two. Plus, these days you only see them for 48 minutes a night, so you hardly know them as people at all do you?

Andrew may be all of those things in his real life, but he's yet to be inside of the house and so judging him for things that have yet to happen renders the existence of the show a little pointless
Erm you just asked me how do I know he isn't a fiction character so can you stop saying I don't read the post when I obviously do, Stacey Slater is a fictional character, Andrew on big brother being himself or playing up to the camera is not a fictional character.

Sitting in the lounge is a everyday thing and people do have pictures in frames of family and friends etc and you don;t particular nominate people (landlord's job really?) and getting an eviction notice is basically up for eviction isn't it? Tasks and things are basically going to work to pay for shopping etc. It's all linked to something in your day to day life.

The tweets is all I need to know I don't care if someone was arrested for drugs and things (nothing serious) but if they made ignorant comments especially homophobic because I am gay myself I'm going to judge them and not like them...

Andrew is a real life person on a non-scripted show playing the game by being a real life person who said ignorant things in real life on a real life non-fictional show.

Spoiler:

LukeB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote