View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 09:50 PM #12
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklancaster View Post
I find it interesting though that you feel the result will be Brexit and I feel it will be Remain..
That's good old British pessimism for you!

Anyway, I think the result will be close with a possibility of edging into Brexit and, as Joey suggests, I feel that this will be in large part down to differences in voter turnout. There will be a very strong 90%+ turnout for "Brexit" supporters and more likely a 50-70% turnout for the rest, and this will skew the vote significantly. By nature, people who seek change are more likely to show up on the day than those who are happy with the status quo. One of the many flaws of democracy, sadly, that means voting numbers do not necessarily represent majority opinion.

I personally think we're damned either way. The EU is hugely flawed, and there are massive looming problems there. However I fully believe that leaving the EU will spark it's eventual dismantlement... And that the end of the EU will leave a vacuum that will lead very quickly to a slide into global governance... The exact opposite of what most Brexit voters are looking for, ironically.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 10-06-2016 at 09:51 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote