View Single Post
Old 15-06-2016, 11:55 AM #1260

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
There is no way he can have any other information than from the people who have the postal vote so this will b e only from the people who have voted and that they are in fact telling the truth too.

No way can he have any official info as to the content of postal votes already received.
That would cause outrage of any officials to reveal anything before the poll takes place and voting is ended.

However,I think the postal votes will be more for leave as the people who use the postal vote more are older voters and there is no doubt the likely majority of them by a good margin will be voting to leave.

I also do know of many Labour voters who will be voting leave, so quite frankly I do think this vote is lost for David Cameron and the govt.
I hope not but hope alone does not win elections and referendums.
Having worked in polling stations, I know that the biggest turn out on the day will be retirees. Applying for a postal vote means you have to know how to apply and many elderly people either don't have internet or find the internet confusing. Parties have droves of volunteers picking the elderly up and bringing them to the polling station. I've seen coaches dropping off 50 at a time.

The majority using postal votes are either out of the country because its holiday season or have severe physical disabilities.