Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB17: Andy

Favourites (more):
BB18: Raph
BB17: Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaki da View Post
Big Brother 8 was the death knell for BB on Channel 4. It came after the Jade Goody fiasco but so many things were wrong it...

1. The all female start

2. The drip feeding of men into the house

3. The hysterical overreaction to Emily's silly mistake

4. The appalling ejection of Emily in the middle of the night with her saying "But I'm not wearing any underwear" as she was told to exit.

5. The fixing of nominations to keep Charley in longer than anyone could bear (after bringing Nikki back the year before)

6. The abysmal Half way house idea (which they seem to have been inspired by this year and which ended up being even worse)

BB7 had, until Nikki's eviction, an average viewing audience of 4.8 million. BB10 had an average viewing audience of less than 2.5 million. They lost over 2 million viewers in a couple of years.

As for BB10. It was awful. In the first week they had Sophie and Freddie rename themselves Dogface and Halfwit. They had Noirin walking around with glasses and a moustache drawn on her face. The live coverage was seriously reduced and the tasks were utter crap.
I'm currently making my way through all the BB's for the first time and it was BB8 where I noticed it all going completely downhill for all the reasons you've stated. I've already watched all the C5 BB's, so I've only got a few left now but all the things I dislike about BB now started occurring in BB8. I still found it moderately entertaining, but it was pretty bad.

BB17: Andy | BB16: Joel | BB15: Chris | BB14: Dexter/Gina | BB13: Adam/Luke A | BB12: Harry | BB11: -- | BB10: -- | BB9: -- | BB8: Brian | BB7: Pete | BB6: Derek | BB5: Daniel | BB4: Jon | BB3: Sandy | BB2: Brian | BB1: Anna
mrflibble is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote