View Single Post
Old 23-06-2016, 05:16 PM #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie89 View Post
I feel similarly to this. I never particularly liked her but she has risen in my rankings over the last couple of days because I felt before like she was overly guarded and moany, whereas like you say we're seeing more of a real person now.

I think she's always come across as a bit of a snob (sorry Nicky lol) so it surprises me that this would be a reason why so many people are suddenly turning against her now. That aspect of her aside though, she's starting to seem more likeable to me in other ways so yeah, that's why she's risen a bit for me.
I don't know if you have ever read 'Mandingo', 'Drum', or any of the 'Falconhurst' novels by Kyle Onstott, Jamie, but they deal with slavery on a mid 19th century American deep south plantation.

Huge parts of the books deal graphically with the very real practice by the white men and women plantation owners being the ultimate abhorrent hypocrites in using male and female slaves for sexual gratification, whilst belonging to the class which deemed such slaves 'lower than animals'.

Not in the same league of course, but there is something distinctly hypocritical and off-putting in Georgina decreeing - rather sneeringly - that she would never introduce Jackson to her friends whilst coupling with him in the house.

kirklancaster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote