BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Not quite sure how old is old in this instance.
There is absolutely no way of knowing if the older generation that have voted this time even bothered voting last time never mind if they actually voted the opposite to last time, so it's a rather big assumption Joey.
Back in the seventies there was no internet and not that much telly to be honest, apart from the very boring party political broadcasts at the time or the news, I wonder if the youngsters of the day were anywhere near as interested in it as they are now.
I am not assuming anything and I don't do so either.

The news has presented that according to findings, the young that voted did so by around 70% to 30% to stay in.
Also that the older voters over 65 voted around 65% to 35% to leave.

The campaigning team I was part of, the findings there,over 1500 in fact, of talking to people at their doors and at the street stalls are in line with those figures.

I never assume anything, I came across hundreds myself who had voted yes in 1975 who were going to vote leave this time.

However I think even ignoring my own experiences of campaigning and any other means,even just dismissing that work as nonsense.
It was clearly and widely reported daily on the news, the daily politics,the sunday politics and question time programmes,that the more older voters were more for leave and the younger voters for remain.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote