View Single Post
Old 30-06-2016, 04:00 PM #1
-

-

Default Slasher (New Horror Anthology Series)

Quote:
A new Canadian-American horror and suspense anthology TV series, Slasher has premiered on Chiller on March 6, 2016. The eight-episode first season is a co-production between Shaftesbury Films, Chiller and Super Channel, a Canadian network that will broadcast Slasher beginning on April 1, 2016. The series is created by Aaron Martin and executive produced by Aaron Martin, Greg Philips, Jonathan Ford, Christina Jennings and Scott Garvie.

The season-long anthology format will in fact be connected by an overarching thriller plot, to be resolved by the series finale. The current season focuses on Sarah Bennet (Katie McGrath), who returns to her hometown three decades after her parents horrific murders, and has to confront the copycat killer. “The Executioner” is apparently punishing some of Waterbury's residents for committing the seven deadly sins. The original killer is still behind bars, giving advice to Sarah, in a Hannibal Lecter-like way.
The show finished airing a few months back, but I came across this the other month when I saw an advert for it on TV as Pick had picked it up here in the UK, so I thought I'd give it a go but I forgot about it so I've been binge-watching it over the past few days and it's actually really good so far. I'm on episode 5 and there's 8 episodes in the first season. And if renewed, it's an anthology horror series like AHS and SQ.

If you're a fan of American Horror Story or Scream TV Series, this would definitely be up your street. The first season is about a killer called The Executioner and it's quite similar to Scream TV Series, but I think it's better so far. There's everything for everybody - some gruesome kills, gore, suspense, drama, mystery and thriller.

Has anybody else watched it?

Last edited by Jason.; 30-06-2016 at 04:02 PM.
Jason. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote