View Single Post
Old 03-07-2016, 07:10 AM #53
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
Err...in case you hadn't noticed, my post about racists and xenophobes was a sarcastic response to your post which tarred all those who are pro-EU with the same brush:

So again you are contradicting yourself. Personally I think those calling leavers racists are shutting down a problem that's existed for years, but stereotype me and I'll stereotype you too.

I notice you didn't respond to my other post which had no insults, it can't be a debate if you didn't reply. Or did I prove you wrong?
..yeah those are my thoughts as well, Jack...screaming 'racist' will only make those prejudices/intolerances etc more defensive and so more hostile as well and will solve nothing at all ...but just make it less possible for those prejudices to be diminished in any way...these prejudices haven't arisen from any decisions to have a referendum or the result of it..it's just showing it's face more now, rather than trying to conceal itself by some...but the thought process of Brexiters being mostly racist/xenophobic is a similar generalisation to football fans as being as being thought of as 'hooligans', when with both it's only a tiny percentage, I feel... that small percentage though is no consolation or comfort to anyone who has felt racism as a direct link to Brexit/Remain..and sadly many people have, as has been reported...it's now as you say, not shutting that revealed face down by shouting at it but dealing with the issue as 'problems' like this have a way of gathering and growing extroadinarily quickly in 'depression' times and times of uncertainty like we are in now....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote