Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
So she turns up to an organised protest of people speaking out about the fears they have since Britain voted to leave the EU with a 'leave' poster and expects to receive a warm welcome?

Do I agree with the woman saying she needed to leave and take her poster down? No, that would be undemocratic. But do I agree that the woman shouldn't be allowed to criticise her for turning up to a protest she's not in support of? No, because that would also be undemocratic. So you end up with a pointless stalemate that goes nowhere.

Those who were protesting yesterday have every right to and people calling them 'undemocratic' have no sense of irony whatsoever, but as much as the other woman is allowed to turn up and proclaim her dislike of the cause, she has to expect criticism since she's a small minority who has appeared at an organised protest for a cause she doesn't believe in...it's pretty stupid, no? She knew what she was getting into, so there's nothing to see here.
So i suppose the physical assault by a man at the very beginning of the clip by ripping her placard from her hand was ok as well
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote