View Single Post
Old 24-07-2016, 06:31 AM #16
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..I couldn't disagree more vehemently ....the two examples given are Hughie focusing in on things that he knows to be inaccurate/untrue and inaccurate/untrue to him is unfair, so that becomes his focus because he likes 'fair and true'...I don't think it's any kind of manipulation or control at all...with him and Andy, I doubt that he hates Andy at all..hate is a pretty strong emotion and one that I haven't seen any evidence of either feeling for each other but they are very 'chalk and cheese' in many ways which has caused conflicts between them...Andy doesn't always allow Hughie his voice, which means that he doesn't always listen to Hughie and what he's saying/trying to say and Hughie doesn't always listen to Andy because he's too focused on having his voice heard...just causing frustrations for both of them...there's no fault with Andy that he's had advantages of education and a learning of 'control' etc through his life and is able to vocalise in a way that Hughie just can't... and there's no fault with Hughie that he hasn't had the same experiences and finds it difficult to express himself as eloquently...no Hughie is not naïve and he's not stupid but I think that's how he quite often feels/is made to feel whether it's intentional or not ..and when he feels that, he reacts in the only way he knows how to and instinctively and without any manipulation whatsoever...there was nothing to be seen last night with Hughie that hasn't been his consistency all through his time in the house, so far as I could see..whether he's liked for who he is or not...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote