Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Honestly, its a bit of a grey area but for example if someone was just going thread to thread saying (for example) Lateysha is a fat waste of space and a bad mother without contributing anything else it would be a rule break. if they add something like that onto the end of pretty much every post its a rulebreak also.

But again, SO many people have been doing this that we have been kinda left with the option of banning half of the forum (and facing the inevitable moaning from people as they have been banned for 'nothing' or kickoffs as friends had been banned for 'nothing) along with a wave of multis, or being more...lenient.

Also again, honestly, I have pretty much stepped back from moderating this season as I cannot deal with it. I am sick of seeing so many people being so vile and completely lacking in self awareness and calling others out on exactly the same thing they have done. I have been dealing with obvious rulebreaks only and am considering stepping down properly as there are just far too many people think they can do whatever the **** they want then moan when punished for it. This is the first year I have felt unable to deal with it all without just permabanning people as the levels of hypocrisy all around has wound me up way too much...as such I feel what I do would be too harsh so have left it all well alone :S
I see how it's so complicated then! In all honesty though I say just ban them or at least make it abundantly clear that you're not going to tolerate such posts going forward, so that everyone knows where they stand. Quite frankly if you're incapable of discussing the participants of a reality show without resorting to calling them 'ugly' or 'fat' or a 'slapper' or a 'beast', you really shouldn't be on a forum. If it means banning half the forum so that they can mature and then the rest of us being able to discuss the merits of the housemates themselves rather than what they look like and how good a parent they are, then I'm all for it

I'm also really glad I'm not the only one that notices the inconsistencies and hypocrisy of some on here I find it so infuriating...like, how can you knowingly chastise one thing and then do it yourself in the next breath? Or agree with a sentiment when it aligns with your opinion and then criticise it when it doesn't it's a common problem on this forum

I'd be sad to see you step down as I think you're one of the fairest mods but knowing how annoyed I get just seeing these posts as a regular member, I can't imagine how infuriating it must be to try and moderate them, so I understand where you're coming from