BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie89 View Post
My only issue with Jason as a winner is that I don't really feel like I know him. Like you said, he was reserved, and he held back a lot of his true self. So even if people like the Jason that they saw and voted for him based on that, I can't help but feel that his wariness of showing his true self kind of goes against what BB is about. And would he have won if he'd showed it?
Any of the housemates who were evicted because people didn't like 'x' about them, could have just hidden that particular flaw and possibly gone on to win. And surely voting a winner who has openly stated he's hiding certain aspects of his personality, is possibly going to effect how future contestants might behave/how much of themselves they show.
I liked Jason, but I wouldn't have voted for him to win based on all of that.
Personally, this is why I removed him my top fave to win list after he evicted Lateysha. You and I are on the same exact page, same paragraph on general impressions. I didn't understand it and though I still felt he was a good guy, I had no idea who he was even after that point and that for me goes against what the game is supposed to be about. I was not satisfied to just vote for a generally introverted/brutal gameplayer who has evil conversations with the dark villain slash logic magician Andy. I had hoped "he would've come out in a bigger way by now" I thought...

All that said...

Jason's winning is symbolic in this case because contrary to voting for a player based on a "winning personality", people voted for him based on a "winning strategy" (which his fans argue have a lot to do with he actually thinks and does as a person).

His win almost certainly stands out in an era of untimely accidents (such as Donald Trump's popularity) and referendums such as Brexit where people dare to buck the trend, maybe even dream and not just default to the most socially acceptable answer(s).

However I may feel personally about such developments, I'm actually thrilled, because it give us all hope that when the next BB rolls around, our "unlikely" favorites who we usually feel can't win against certain crowds could possibly rise up and come out over the top and even possibly win. In addition to this, we had our first boot being a male for the very first time.

If you ask me, these are all signs that BB is moving in a direction for the better, not for worse.

My two cents.

Last edited by Maru; 27-07-2016 at 07:11 PM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote