View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 06:53 AM #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle777 View Post
halfacrown
1.you have missed the poignancy of my comment. you must have missed the fact that Saira refers to herself as a 'strong opinionated woman' and a feminist.
2.Chloe is making decisions for herself.something that women were denied in history and still do in some countries. it is irrelevant whether Chloe is aware of it or not . it is about freedom of choice. and for women certain free choices are attached to historical events associated with struggle.

it is also irrelevant whether i am or you are a feminist or not . it is about social evolution and accepting women making their own decisions. and their right not be judged with double standards. i am not oblivious to the fact that women are catty to each other as well as men behaving like gorillas.
Chloe making decisions for herself has nothing to do with feminism. Though I have no problem with her using her sexuality to make money, many feminists would argue that conforming to male ideals of beauty and submitting herself to 'the male gaze' as part of her business, is especially contradictory to feminist principles.
It's certainly true that we enjoy great freedom in the U'K compared to the vast majority of countries, but it's ridiculous to bolt on the struggles of women around the world to your analysis of Saira's reaction to Chloe.
Saira may describe herself as a feminist but the term has different meanings for different people. The in-fighting amongst feminists over the last fifty years, shows that the movement has been rife with division.
halfacrown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote