View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 04:19 PM #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie89 View Post
Did they specifically state that the person with the fewest votes would go?
Every eviction so far, the person with the fewest votes has gone. If they are to change that procedure then they need to make it very clear and do so when the lines open. They have not done that at all. As I pointed out in that Ofcom ruling on ITV, ITV may not have intended to mislead but they had the effect of doing that. That is what Channel 5/BB Production would have done here imo.

Quote:
Because unless they did, as much as I'm not comfortable either with them hiding things, I'd still say that technically no rules have been broken.
I believe, whether they intended it or not, they have misled viewers and it is a legitimate complaint. If they had announced what was going on before lines opened then fair enough, but they did not do that. You have to make clear what people are voting on. If what you're saying is correct then they could if they wanted, save whoever has the most votes, and do this eviction with the bottom 3 out of 4! It's ridiculous.

Quote:
And I think the difference with the Makosi/Vanessa example you gave, is that it was 'Vote to Evict' so they had to make it clear that the person with the most votes might not be evicted.

No, I've pointed out the difference already. The difference was that the voters were told very clearly what the rules were BEFORE lines opened.

They have, if this story is true, changed what we are voting for in the MIDDLE of a vote.

Quote:
In this scenario it's 'Vote to Save', and the person with the most votes will be saved.
Then they should have made clear that we were voting for one or two people to be safe out of the four. You can't just say the top 2 will be safe when there's only 5 hours left to vote, with the lines having been open 18 hours already.

Quote:
This is also true, there's no real norm anymore, not enough for people to assume there won't be any twists involved anyway. It seems with some series there's a twist every week virtually. And that's the thing, did BB state definitively that the HM with the fewest votes would be evicted... or is that just what people would assume would happen?
They have not, not in my memory at least, ever changed what the rules of a vote were as the vote is going on. They can change the rules of noms if they want because that is to do with inside the house and no money is being spent, but they have taken money from voters and are now revealing there's more to the vote than they had originally told us. That is blatantly misleading.

Last edited by Yaki da; 12-08-2016 at 04:23 PM.
Yaki da is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote