View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 05:37 PM #42

Quote:
Originally posted by x_mel_x
I know this sounds horrible, but if a single parent or a couple who live in a council estate had left their child on their own then they would have been blamed straight away and their probably wouldnt be as much publicity surrounding it.
I couldn't agree with you more on that point.
It's because of the profession of the parents that things have been taken differently. Which we've seen recently with certain terrorist attacks that people with the professions which seem to be of the highest standard still, as people, can do wrong.

I can't understand how they could have gone out for a meal and left their child alone, with two other children and have been fine with it.
Checking every half an hour isn't good enough. You would check every half an hour even when your child was sleeping and in the room next to you!
There was also a baby sitting option available and they chose not to take it and surely one the family members they were on holiday with could have looked after the children.

To me, they're just getting an extended holiday in Portugal.
There's no need for them to be out there! They've explained that they can't stand the Portuguese media so why are they staying there because they know the media will continue to talk about them over there.

Never have I known so much publicity to be focused on one missing child when it certainly isn't a rare occurance. Many children go missing and are never found but nobody hears about it.

In my eyes, the parents definitely are to blame.

Sorry if I offended anyone, I didn't mean to, I'm just expressing my opinion.
gracie24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote