View Single Post
Old 26-08-2016, 05:50 PM #20
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Thanks for all of the nice comments guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robodog View Post
Thoughtful, well written post with good intentions but the word 'bully' is being over-used here, as if often is when it comes to BB.

Bear is an antagonist, an egotist, a major wind-up merchant and many other words i won't even write here, but he is not a 'bully'.

Every year on BB someone gets called a bully. It's become so routine and predictable to hear that word now, that people switch off from it. Like the boy who cried wolf. This is worrying because over use of the word means that REAL incidents of bullying often get overlooked and ignored because when we hear the B word, yet again, the common reaction is 'we've heard it all before'.

I have watched every BB from day one, series one. Very rarely is the word 'bully' justified.

This year however i believe there was some actual moments of bullying - but not from Bear.

Lewis belittling and exploiting Heavy D in front of Marnie - making him say please and thank you and essentially beg for that half drunk glass of stolen wine - that was bullying. Throwing a drink in Heavy's face with genuine aggression and calling him a 'fat pussy' could also be seen as bullying, though Heavy had provoked him so he wasn't entirely innocent.

I also think when Saira was publicly belittling and humiliating Chloe in the bedroom while Chloe quietly cried into her pillow, that was also bullying.

Bear has been all sorts of wrong in that house but he has never been personal with actual spiteful intent in the way that Lewis and Saira have.

I'm no Bear fan but i just worry about over use of the B word, especially when the likes of Lewis and Saira get away with it because everyone is focussing on Bear instead just because he is loud and annoying. REAL bullying is often much more subtle.

I doubt anyone in that house will be actually affected by Bear's actions. But Lewis and Saira actually DID mean harm and clearly caused upset on a whole other genuine level compared to Bear simply being a loud knob.
Yeah, I was reluctant to use the word bully because I do agree that is unecessarily used in most occassions, but I can't help but think that he comes across as a bully.

By definition a bully is someone who uses their strength and influence to harm other people. He has emotionally taunted people to tears in the house, and knows what he is doing. He thrives of tormenting people when they are at their most vulnerable and does so on almost a daily basis.

I do agree that the isolated incidents with Lewis and Saira can be insinuated as bullying. I also think the moment where Saira went out of her way to confront Heavy D on the bed during the bubble task could be called an act of bullying.

Please Note : There is nothing wrong at all with being gay.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote