BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Withano

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cameron
CBB22: Kirstie Alley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
Totally disagree! Who does she think she is, too full of her own importance.

The democratic voting process in this country will cease to exist if people like her get their way. A democratic public vote cannot be overturned because certain people don't like the outcome and attempt to overrule it because they think they know best. Sheer arrogance!

If another vote went the other way and then someone from the leave camp challenged it through the courts where would it stop? Agree or disagree a democratic vote has to be respected. The woman is simply a sore loser with enough money to throw a tantrum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
I agreed with the guy who said Parliament voted for a referendum, the people voted to leave, there should be a certain amount of ability for the government to use executive powers to get on with the job. After they had already said they would come back to parliament to discuss any potential deal afterwards.

It seems to me completely bizarre that suddenly every facet of Brexit must be analysed and scrutinised. We've been to war with less complaining about soveriegnity of Parliament from the very people who want to give our democracy away. I feel like I'm living in the twilight zone. Hopefully the Supreme Court will have some sense.

Now Corbin says he will block Brexit if he doesn't get a list of things and Sturgeon is getting in on the Supreme Court appeal. The political point scoring abounds. What Corbin is forgetting is that a lot of those Brexit voters were traditional Labour supporters. He is shamefully selling them out with his attitude.

For once I agree with Joey, we should probably have a general election at this point so that Corbin can finally go and give his party a chance in 5 years time and people can bring back the Tories with the biggest majority of all time. If this keeps up and there is an election. I might vote Tory myself for the first time in my life, I might even campaign for them.
Its because we live in a democratic country that isnt run by a dictator that this is happening. Sure 52% wants May to trigger it but she cant just go ahead and do it with a snap of the fingers cos we're not living in a dictatorship. I dont understand why youre mad about this, well I do, but you shouldnt be.