View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 09:14 PM #34
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeysteele View Post
Personally, I would like to remain in the single market, however we get mixed comments from the govt and from the 3 main architects of what will be any future sort of plans for negotiation.

I am sorry but I see no damage to democratic voting process in the UK unless it is not used.
Which is why I support the elected MPs of all parties just 18 months ago in a general election, being given a vote on the start and process of leaving.

It is the same reason I would also support a general election on the issue to decide, if it did, which party or parties should be doing the negotiations.
That is what I see as a good democratic voting process.

Immigration control and the single market may well be the reasons likely a great majority of those who voted leave voted that way for,however again, not you, not I or anyone else can say they are the reasons that all who voted leave did so.
Neither immigration or the single market were on the ballot papers to be ticked for the voters voting leave.
You cannot say all who voted leave voted for those 2 things, people on here for instance, some voted leave in the main and just to take back control of our lawmaking.

Nothing really to do with immigration strongly, I have read irritation, and they are right to feel that, that some people think that is all the leave voters voted for.
I am surprised you see no comeback from disrespecting the public vote in Britain, especially as a lawyer. How could anyone ever have faith in any future democratic vote when it has been demonstrated how easily it can be ignored when it doesn't' suit the powers that be?

Start of a slippery slope - Britain would no longer be a democracy. I can't imagine most britains would want to go down that path.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote