Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

They really would have chaos if they tried to put Hillary in office,even though that is what I would have preferred to see.
They really should, I doubt they will, look at this electoral college votes.

The votes from the individual States for that electoral college are not representing the votes cast by the voters.
A big so called democratic power such as the USA should never have someone as president who didn't get the most votes across the whole country.
That really is ridiculous.
Twice now, with Clinton and also Gore this has happened.

That should not be acceptable anywhere that operates democratic voting.

The UK system is really bad but it is still the case that the party who leads in the voting does usually get to be the govt; or a major part of the govt;
2 exceptions to that in 1951, then also in feb 19974 when Labour became a minority govt with slightly less votes than the Conservatives but held firmly to account by the other parties in Westminster.

However this man in the USA, has been given a resounding mandate from the electoral college while getting less votes overall.
Something is wrong with the way the electoral college votes are set up and distributed for that to be able to happen.

In a country like the USA,seen as a democratic superpower, this is and should be, totally unacceptable.

I say good luck to all protesters who would want to try to get that changed and anyone who wants it changed should be making as much noise as they can about doing so.

Last edited by joeysteele; 11-11-2016 at 09:38 AM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote