BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by arista View Post
[They really would have chaos f they tried to put Hillary in office,even though that is what I would have preferred to see.
They really should, I doubt they will, look at this electoral college votes.]

Joey do not get me Angry

go back in time Al gore vs GW Bush
Gore get higher numbers of vote
but GW Bush got the TOTAL tally.

like Farage got 4 million voters
but One MP

Do You Know understand
I am not attacking you , its sad you post less now
we are in charge of the World

can you hear me LT.

I was in California in June 2001
a guy walking past outside the Studio
i asked is GW bush gonna be good
to my Shock he said yes I like him?
thats before 9/11.

I hate GW BUSH after 9/11

Its a Busy Night
Not sure what your point is arista and I honestly couldn't care if I make you angry, I will say what I think.

I still say strongly, it is ridiculous to have a system where the leader of any powerful Nation that is deemed democratic,can come to power and not have got the most votes in an election nationwide.

You mention, as I did, Al Gore and Bush, well look what happened there when that came about.
Bush got less votes than Gore, a good half a million less in fact.
Yet became President,I think that is and should be,unacceptable.

That resulted too in getting a President in Bush, who was determined to finish the job his Father started in Iraq.
I doubt no good will come from it happening again this time either.

Odd you mention UKIP, you are from what I have read over the years anyway, a seemingly strong advocate of the UKs current electoral system.
That system is the reason UKIP got so many votes and yet only a single MP elected to Parliament.

I do not like UKIP, I do however believe in fairness which is why I now would like to see a PR system in the UK, where people really know when they are voting, that their vote will carry real weight and not be lost.
As it is even moreso now,when a party can get just over a third of votes cast but get an overall majority to do what they like afterwards.
Equally unacceptable to me that is.

I agree totally that it was shocking for so many voting UKIP to only see one MP elected to Parliament from their efforts and votes.
That to me is wrong and what a slap in the face to those voters that really is in a so called democracy.
Yet we dare wonder and question why so many do not vote in the UK.

There is however only one party that will block any way it can and never ever come round to changing our voting system, and that is the Conservative party.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote