View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 09:24 AM #34
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
If anyone is interested in reading about people who have been brought back after being 'dead' for a short time the Raymond Moody books 'Life After Life' and 'The Light Beyond' are good reads. He has tirelessly researched hundreds of cases of what they experienced whilst 'dead' (or NDE's (near death experiences) and how their experiences made them totally convinced of an afterlife and how they all lost their fear of death. Most of these people had 'floated' out of their bodies, moved through a tunnel towards a 'light' from which emanated an overwhelming feeling of love and peace...but were brought back to life before they reached whatever was there...
and they didn't want to come back to this world...
One phenomenon which really interested me was how some people had died on the operating table, floated out of their bodies and out of the operating room, and when they were brought back to life were able to recount seeing their relatives in another room in the hospital, what they had been talking about word for word, what the doctors were telling them, what everyone had been doing etc to everyone's astonishment. How can that be explained? It's all very fascinating, I think.

..I'll try to have a read of your suggestions, jet...I don't know, I guess my thoughts on NDEs are that there could be explainable factors to the unexplainable', which are not there for everyone but are for some...I've read some stories as well because I had a bit of an experience myself once when I was having surgery.../the surgery was brain related so really that I think is a factor also with a coming together or 'brain altering' brief moments and parts of the brain/sub conscious becoming the consciousness and the sub conscious stores so much that we don't even realise, like a photographic memory etc and just so much more, like a central data bank.....and it's also the thing with those moments of brain altering that a huge cocktail of drugs/anaesthesia is in our bodies as well/and factored in... so in surgery those things that are specific for some can lead (and possibly explain..)... some near death experiences of being so heightened and aware of a situation that it feels as though it's being experienced.../that 's probably a lot of rubbish though, my thoughts...it's definitely one of those things that is quite fascinating though...
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote