BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
These are the types of articles/readings I was waiting for post-election.. The Atlantic also writes some decent stuff.

So many books are going to be written about this election... we're living in interesting times for sure. Most of all I've been looking forward to the scholarly approach to this... when the dust settles, the focus on the soundbytes end, that's when the real analysis begins...

By the way I had mentioned mainstream's coverage of this... I can't remember what thread, if it was this one or not... pretty much almost word for word what I've seen... quite baffling imo...

Quote:
We woke to a new normal. The object of our derision would soon have the nuclear codes. Gingerly, but deliberately, respect for the process, the office and its trappings, superseded the moral issue of what the victor had said and done en route to victory. Many of the very same people who, just the day before, said he was unfit for office, now told America to unite around him. Meanwhile, those who had not seen any of this coming confidently told us what we had seen and what would be coming next. Middletown had spoken. For reasons to do with class, gender, race, masculinity, disaffection, populism, elitism – or all of the above – it had made common cause with a garish New York City multimillionaire to send a message to the establishment. Reporters were dispatched not to test this thesis but illustrate it.
I don't care that their hypothesis is always correct. I just think so ridiculous to act as if nothing is wrong... then act like everything is wrong... then nothing is wrong... is giving me, the viewer, a feeling of backlash . It's a mess...

Last edited by Maru; 19-11-2016 at 08:17 PM.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote