BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen
Triumph of the Weird

Favourites (more):
BB19: Anamelia
CBB22: Gabby Allen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie89 View Post
I can't link it because I'm on my phone but there's an interview of him during the campaign where he refuses to condemn them and refuses to state he doesn't want their vote. Maybe he back tracked after that because of advice he received though.
His son has denounced David Duke as a bad person and basically said he deserved to be shot... but short of that, he doesn't appear to care to touch it. I understand in this way... he's not trying to be a reactionary. It doesn't support his platform of being the outsider... by not bucking to the press, he maintains that image. (until he trolls them for votes and more media coverage). And it worked... he got elected. By ignoring the zoo full of elephants in the room. The media has been so easy to troll it's not even funny. All they had to do was stop covering him... what's that saying, don't feed the trolls? And yet they let him get through the entire primaries and win. All they had to do was maybe (depending on the state), register as a republican and vote him out. Simple. The Republican party didn't even want him, they would've gladly taken a lame duck. Instead, we now have an internet troll who not only is in the top office, but has access to nukes. We reap what we sew in my mind.

If he ends up turning the system upside down and doing some things that benefit us long-term... fine. He may not even make it past four years with his Twitter habits. Who knows. All the liberals have to do is let it all run it's course and they'll have a pretty nice platform to push whatever they push... however if they sit and bitch and moan and stall at every twist and turn. The people are going to get very frustrated and they'll only be giving the troll King more fuel. They have to listen this time. It can't just be, my way or the high way... or else we may end up with someone worse. Or worse. I'm cautiously hopeful... but at the same time, I'm resigned to watch the fireworks, because this is the road that was paved... so we might as well make the most of it.
Maru is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote