View Single Post
Old 28-11-2016, 05:07 AM #309
Quand il pleut, il pleut

Quand il pleut, il pleut

..I watched it on Saturday when it was on TV also..although it wasn't a first watch for me James...

Spoiler:

..I agree about the first half../the young George and how carefree he was...seemed almost a bit slapstick/comedy type thing but I guess that was to show the contrast as well how life takes on responsibilities etc...I liked the dance off scene with the swimming pool and was wondering if it had taken a lot of takes and if they'd fallen in several times at the bits they weren't meant to...but the whole scene also just adding and emphasising the slapstick feel...(it was actually quite tense tbh, every time they danced near the edge..)...Mr Potter reminds me of Mr Burns from the Simpsons so I was also thinking of the family as being the Simpsons and George being Homer to Mary's Madge...Clarence is my favourite character, I don't know the actor who played him but just so endearing......but yeah, maybe a corny message but then Christmas is all about corny really and all about families and friends so really beautiful in a time when commercial wasn't such a thing.....maybe it could be seen as the extended original John Lewis Advertisement...the bit that I might have cried a little bit at was when the house was being filled with so many people whose lives he had touched and who his life had made such a difference to../Mr A was watching rugby in the other room and walked through glancing at me with my pile of tissues and just smiled......anyways a big fat, cheesy and corny 9/10.....
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote