BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

There are two Christmas specials next week:

Quote:
Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without half-ton hunks of screaming metal flying at each other in a flaming arena of death.

Which is why we're delighted to see that Robot Wars has announced the celebrity line-up for two Christmas specials. Because the only thing that could make the clash of washing machine engine against souped-up lawnmower better is the introduction of celebrities into the mix.

Here are the stars taking on the bots:

Episode one, December 28
• Robbie Savage
• Jordan from Rizzle Kicks
• Neil Oliver (Coast presenter)
• Paralympian Kadeena Cox

Episode two, December 29
• Olympians Jonathan and Alistair Brownlee
• Dr Maggie Aderin-Pocock (space scientist and The Sky at Night co-presenter)
• Suzi Perry (Moto GP presenter)
• Scott Mills

The celebs will be assisted by experienced team players as mentors – using their robots, obviously, because Jordan from Rizzle Kicks can't be expected to knock up a killer bot in his garage between gigs – and will take on House Robots including Sir Killalot, Matilda, Shunt and Dead Metal.

"I am a big fan of Robot Wars," said Robbie Savage."So I am really excited to get into the arena and experience the fights first hand. Flipper robots did really well in the series so I hope our robot doesn't let us down and flips the competition out of the arena once and for all."

The Brownlees, meanwhile, said: "Robot Wars was one of our favourite shows when we were growing up, so to be on the show is fulfilling a childhood dream of ours."

We bet they never thought that dream would come true, which is why they pursued the Olympic gold instead. Well now they've got their chance.

Robot Wars will air on BBC Two on December 28 and 29 at 8pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote