View Single Post
Old 29-12-2016, 05:26 PM #505

Sorry I missed this but just caught up and it was a great read, the write-ups/graphics/everything... it must have taken ages! Well done And sorry I didn't end up having chance to do Emma's before going away but better late than never...

(omg it's quite long )

Spoiler:

The twins stood out right from the beginning for me when during the first task (the podiums), and Alex's adamant refusal to take the 'Gameplayer' podium (in what came across as an ironically strategic/gameplaying move), Emma and Victoria stood forward without fuss and took it. It was a little thing but it wasn't long after they came into the house giggling and jumping around like Amy and Sally on acid (or y'know, Samanda) and had therefore been labelled as the immature ones... and so was their first foray into defying expectations! But Victoria left </3 (I actually think that this was planned, and that Emma wanted the Big Brother experience and they knew that by applying as twins she would have a better chance of getting in - queens of manipulating the manipulators if true ) and so with that, plus the loss of 'big' (airtime swallowing) characters, Emma shone. Fearless in taking on Georgina (and the only housemate with the guts to do it /Deana) she was strong, funny, caring, just an all round quirky clothes-making queen of eccentric positivity and tree worship tbh. She was also *ahem* 'independently minded'... ok, she was a little selfish too (ref: buzzer-gate) but I was completely Team Emma on that one. It was another example of her showing that she wasn't using her stay in the house to try and endear herself to the public or win favour with her housemates, she was simply there for the experience, and in a time of cynical housemates desperately trying to out-winner each other through perfunctory acts of faux-heroism, I welcome that. And in what universe is an act that has the dual benefits of upsetting Jackson and getting destroyed by Josh ( ) considered anything other than righteous anyway? (The answer ofc is our universe... not the rainbow-warrior goddess universe of 'Emtoria' <3) Ugh I just love her so much and tbh I don't really think I'd be able to do her justice because it wasn't even anything specific that she did (pen modelling aside which was of course a top 3 Big Brother moment of all time, amirite) it was just her general personality, something about her that connected, her nature as a person. And that's what I watch Big Brother for. I enjoy the arguments and drama as much as anyone else but that's all an aside to just seeing interesting personalities and characters and maybe every so often have someone come along that I can relate to and root for, and for the most part that never happens but with Emma it did She was a joy to watch whether she was providing a drum beat for Evelyn's bum or praying in the store room, but ultimately she wasn't part of any of BB's 'storylines' and I don't think they saw any real use for her, so when it came to needing to whittle down the numbers I think they saw an opportunity to do that as well as grab some additional exposure for the show in advance of Annihilation week by ejecting her. She may have broken the rules but I think that was more an excuse for them to be able to eject her, rather than it being the reason. Like MB said, she wasn't made for this earth, and Big Brother just wasn't ready for her

BBCAN: Erica | Will | Veronica | Johnny | Alejandra | Ryan | Paras
Jamie89 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote