View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 03:08 PM #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden View Post
Yeah, as a subject it's something that really bothers me and is definitely an issue I would be comfortable expressing my opinion on. Especially so, in a circumstance where I have to live with that person - no matter how much of a stranger they are to me.

Interestingly, a few of my flatmates during my first year of university would constantly monitor what I ate and what I cooked. They were all very capable of cooking, but it was something that was new to me and they made the situation an ordeal. I love fast food and enjoy ready meals. I'm not someone who is a 'clean-eater' (what a load of nonsense anyway) or a health freak, but my flatmates would look down on me because of what I chose to eat. It was quite disgusting actually and made me somewhat uncomfortable - so I think that's were it comes from. That experience has just caused me to become quite outspoken about it.

Good for you. I never used to say boo to a goose when I was younger but having worked with the public all my life and had my nice nature taken advantage of on many occasions I now stand up for what I believe in...don't suffer fools lightly and stand up to anyone who I think is a bully or out of order.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote