Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh. View Post
It would. If the entire series hinges on who wins in the last 10 minutes of the final.

The winners never define a series. The series is never changed by the last ten minutes.

Did Anthony winning BB6 make the previous 11 weeks of golden television different? No, it all still happened.
To you maybe, what I said was of course in my own opinion (I'm just not gonna add that to the end of every post I make)

I put a lot of weight on the winners of reality shows, I wish I didn't but I do. I feel like I've wasted weeks/months of my life investing in a show if some ****ing irrelevance only goes and wins it in much the same way that someone may feel cheated if the last ever episode of a drama they enjoy doesn't end the way they like, it works exactly the same. Yes in part it's about the 'journey', but I still think the winner can to an extent make or break a series

The BB6 example isn't as useful because Anthony actually was a fairly big part of the series, if a MOTR housemate wins (i.e. Pete, Brian B, Jason) I'll be disappointed but I can deal with it, whereas if someone like Sam Evans wins, my thoughts on the series take a huge tumble. I'd easily put BB15 above BB14 for example, whereas if Dexter or Gina had won it might not be so clear cut
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote