View Single Post
Old 28-01-2017, 05:42 PM #77
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
I don't believe that for a second... PC is a blanket term for absolutely anything that is counter to the media inspired standpoint on any given topic.
It has no specific meaning, there has been opposition to the word 'bigot' yet this has a set definition, a criterion, if you make a statement that is by definition bigoted then stand by that and own it... don't cry nonsense words.

PC or politically correct is for me a term that infers something was legislated for and passed into law, if you are politically correct you are acting within the remit of the law...is this not a civil duty, so to go against this would this not be an act of civil disobedience?

'PC supporters, by behaving in a manner in common with those they deride, have done no favours for the minority groups they proport to defend'

What does this mean?... We will attack minority groups even though it is against the law and if you object then you are just making things worse?.... I don't understand, is this another way of saying 'put up and shut up? be complacent? compliant?

I am not 'PC' I am a free thinker, it is a tool of social control to attach labels to things to create folk devils, such as PC , SJW these can then be used to group individuals together who are totally unconnected to make it easier to rail against them.

Those who oppose the mistreatment of any minority group are not to blame for the rise of authoritarianism more those who allowed themselves to be manipulated into thinking that this was a right and proper thing to do on a civil, legal and human level. My feeling is that those against those who aren't is more than likely to do with guilt... they know deep down that it's wrong but it makes them feel bad to be constantly reminded of it. Hence the blanket terms and derision.
The word 'bigot' may have a set definition but people apply that definition according to their own perception of what they think someone means or an agenda - it certainly doesn't make the use of the word in any given situation correct.

As for the mistreatment of any minority group - again that often comes down to perception/agenda. Wanting to protect the quality of life in their own country and protect British culture and identity is not 'mistreating' minority groups however much PC twists things, using derisive and blanket terms in an attempt to gag their freedom of speech.

Not wanting certain religions to have their own laws and indulge in behaviours that flout our equality laws is not mistreatment of minorities it is standing up for our own beliefs and way of life and not allowing those to be mistreated by minority groups who have no respect for them.

Last edited by Brillopad; 28-01-2017 at 05:51 PM.
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote