View Single Post
Old 28-01-2017, 09:56 PM #93
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillopad View Post
That rabi is an idiot. First time I have heard of this, but I have heard of it a lot more in another religion.

Is's not just about whether I accept the definition or not it is also about whether a bigoted remark was made or whether the allegation was made based on ignorance, influence of personal opinion or agenda.

You imply that if someone makes an allegation then it must be so. There are so many variables to consider in determining why that person made that remark.

Btw the same also applies with people calling people PC etc - if you want to believe the person throwing allegations around is always right, then it works both ways.
Based on ignorance? it's a little more black and white than that you can't be a little bit bigoted and it really isn't down to interpretation as such.
I don't imply anything, there is no real scenario here to compare.

If someone makes a comment that fills the dictionary definition of what a bigot is then where's the harm in calling it out?...
There is less scope for being wrong as the parimetres are more clearly defined.
For a blanket term such as 'PC' first you have to explain what ''PC' means to you, then apply it to the situation.