Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

This Witch doesn't burn

Favourites (more):
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey
BB19: Sian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxie View Post
I would say there is possibly one currently who is obviously far right and maybe another with leanings. 5 or 6 I can think of who are far left. Both sides seem to be quite rude to anyone they perceive as being the other way, their perceptions are often mistaken.

Personally I'm in the middle and lean slightly left. I don't feel that there is any political party who represents me. New Labour came close at some points and so did the Lib Dems. I don't believe in a god and I don't particularly like religion, but do believe in live and let live unless said religion has rules that do not give full equality to women. Unfortunately that applies to most religions which are run by men and enforce all kinds of rules upon women who have to live with them.

I am well aware there are some here who view me as on the right, and they are wrong. Mostly because I am strong supporter of Brexit which is quite amusing as you spoke about being a strong supporter of it too and obviously lean quite far left. In fact I would say my feelings of compassion for others is one of the reasons why I am so opposed to the EU.

Unfortunately those with a strong political leaning either way don't seem to listen much to what others are saying. And never see any balance in posts that don't agree with their position. People are far more complicated than that and politics isn't always why they feel the way they do.

I think you are mistaking 'right' with simply not sharing your left leaning passion.
Great post Jaxie, the way people are being pidgeon holed is ridiculous, I said recently my political leanings are in the middle and I was told I had splinters on my arse, I'd rather that, and I'd rather be able to see the positives from the right and the left than be leaning so far one way or the other to be practically hanging off the edge.
Cherie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote