View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 05:51 PM #67
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
As someone who works around previously-closeted xenophobic old men all day every day, I can tell you for a fact that people who previously wouldn't have said boo to a goose are recently feeling VERY out-and-proud in their opinions when it comes to immigrants... or "spear chuckers" as one lovely old fellow who I have known for 6 years, without any previous indication of racism, recently called them.

However you want to spin it; the "out" vote at Brexit was a big neon sign to certain members of the "older generations" saying that it's now OK to rewind time back half a century and let out the decades of hateful bile that they haven't felt confident in expressing.
All entirely hypothetical of course - put whatever spin on it you like but if people face as much racism as suggested why would they single out a harmless old man stuck in his ways.

Personally I feel it was the usual over-sensitive type set on making an example of anyone who dares express an opinion different to theirs. An old man was an easy target?
Brillopad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote