View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 04:21 PM #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
And make sure it's a car dealer with a good reputation, a couple of years back I bought a car from a used car place in Dublin and got a 6 month warranty with it, I started having problems straight away but i fixed the first few things myself (a radiator and a problem with the exhaust) because I didn't want to bring it all the way to Dublin, then after about 2 months the gear box went so i had to get it towed back up, the garage said yeah no problem we'll fix it, then a couple of weeks later I got a phone call telling me it was fixed and it would cost €3500, I was like umm i have a warranty on that and he told me, my car wouldn't be leaving on 4 wheels if i didn't pay it and he was adding interest for storing it everyday it stayed there.

Then I checked out the garage (should have done that before i bought the car d'uh) similar stories all over the place. A relative of mine is a police officer and he checked them up and apparently the garage is a drug front and the owners and workers there all have serious records. Anyway, long story short i never saw the car again but I eventually got my money back after a couple of years and a decent solicitor
Bloody hell. Did the relative not have them all busted for the drugs?
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote