View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 04:34 PM #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withano View Post
I'm just trying to understand your point. You're the only person I've talked to that believes this is a better ingredient. I get the impression that you think this way simply because it is a common ingredient? I don't think that makes much sense to many people. Youre fine with replacing half a cow with 60,000 squared metres of forest because its common. Thats bizarre to me.

How much woodland and forestry is cleared to create arable and meadow land? Every cow needs 1.5 acres of grazing land but cows don’t only eat grass so we need more deforestation to create crops to feed those animals. Livestock production is one of the major causes of the worlds most pressing environmental problems, so are we saying that using tallow is okay because we were going to eat the cow anyway... its a common ingredient?

As for charities like The Roundtable, such organizations are ensuring continuity of supply. Unlike forests that were chopped back to make grazing and agricultural land, these forests are carefully managed and conserved through coppicing.

Its a case of, your damned if you do and damned if you don't.