View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 08:16 PM #45
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy View Post
What's uninformed in that post.. If you farm you need land which has to be cleared, and that land will be the natural habitat of something won't it? If you are going to give such a patronising reply how about suggesting something educated as a response?
She is assuming that I am saying they would need additional farmland to replace the livestock portion of diet - a traditional "vegan defense" because it's false (it takes more land to feed the livestock than to grow food for humans). Her mistake was in not realising that that wasn't my point at all... I wasn't saying that we would need more farmland and would have to destroy animal habitat to do so... I was pointing out that large-scale agriculture already covers VAST swathes of the planet (and almost all of non-urban Britain) and so it is 100% a fact that animals have been, and still are, harmed by astronomical human food crops. There is no such thing as living an "existence that doesn't harm animals in any way"... it is simply impossible. I can appreciate people wanting to be vegan to cause the least harm possible but anyone who wants to cause ZERO harm frankly needs to build a ship and leave the planet. Or die, I suppose.

To reiterate though... ... ... 7 billion humans can't live harmlessly on earth, no matter what we eat. Just can't. I personally think I'm better than a vegan... ... ... I don't want humans to stop eating animal products... I want 95%+ of us to die out and leave the planet to thrive .
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote