View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 07:30 AM #30
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

According to the BBC when the captain ordered people off to accommodate four members of staff who needed to travel, this person was required to be removed.

It is not yet proved that he is a doctor, that could have been a lie by him to try and stay on the flight.

By refusing to leave he was therefore belligerent and disruptive and in violation of the law. United Airlines are well within their rights according to this story on the BBC website, to have this man prosecuted, and I suspect banned for life from UA flights. If they take this action and make an example of this man then such incidents will never happen again as people will know what happen to them in the courts if the do not do what they are told and leave when told to do so!!!

I hear now the CEO is offering some apology

Big mistake, as Gibbs (NCIS) says, "Never apologise - it is a sign of weakness"

The CEO should stand his ground and say something like this

Quote:
They needed this man's seat, he refused to give it up and under the law and the rules of carriage he had to be removed by force. Appropriate legal sanction against this belligerent and disruptive individual is being taken to protect future staff, and send a clear message that orders of the captain must be respected. Yes we can confirm that that man is no longer welcome on United Airlines and we will be passing his details to other airlines who may choose to follow suit with regards to banning this individual. This is done to ensure the safety of passengers and crew and ensure the efficient running of this airline
Well I need to keep my hand in as a Cyber Devil's Advocate his has been a long time since I had the chance to offer defences for the seemingly undefensible

Fame, Riches, Adventure, Glory - A Cyber Warrior craves not these things

In Memorium
Wendy (AKA Romantic Old Bird) 1951 - 2008
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote