Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Renee Graziano

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Renee Graziano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
All opinions come with consequences and everyone can have an opinion on someone else's opinion. What you are saying here is basically 'I want my opinion and I don't want anyone to say anything that I don't like about that opinion.'

Freedom of Speech is not a one way street.
the problem isn't that people should be denied their freedom of speech to respond with their disagreement of someone's opinion. they can do so in any way that they like. the problem is that people feel the best way to respond to growing concerns is to shut down debate with simple insults, or to absolutely refuse to even consider with an open mind what someone else has to say.

this is coming from the perspective of someone who neither supported brexit nor opposed it, someone who neither supported trump nor opposed him. someone who has absolutely no interest in engaging in politics because the whole thing has become nothing but a school playground of childish insults.

the serious debates section of this forum is a shining example.

and this is not a one sided comment, it applies to people on both sides of the political spectrum. the far left and the far right are both morons who i have no time for but most people are seemingly moving further and further in each direction which i don't believe is in the long term interests of anyone.
RichardG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote