View Single Post
Old 08-05-2017, 11:03 AM #19
-

-

It does in part make me wonder though, if maybe Mr Morgan himself has suffered himself at some point and DID "keep it to himself" / suffered through it alone and feels that he came through the other side... probably a bit emotionally shut off.

I dunno.

It sounds a lot like there's an unsaid part of that sentence; "Why can't men these days just man up and get on with it because that's what I had to do and look at me I'm OK now." It sounds like a comment made by someone who thinks they speak from experience / have been there. He's wrong, of course, because no two people's mental health struggle is the same (which is why it's always so complex to treat) and also, like I said, if I'm right then it strikes me that he's someone who IS emotionally affected / shut off... and that's not really a full recovery.

Putting up walls is a survival technique, but it's not a real or permanent solution. They end up coming down towards th end of life and that's why we have such a crisis with people aged 70+ suffering with extreme anxiety and depression. People who have been "manning up" their entire life end up crumbling at the end of it all.

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 08-05-2017 at 11:04 AM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote