View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 11:57 AM #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
Right but the point here is that Truth DOESN'T want to share the house with her 50/50 and that exact same thing could happen to her, given that whoever did inherit his share would own more than half of the property. I'm totally with you when it comes to ensuring that partners DO have rights to half of everything when the unexpected happens, but truths angle is to specifically ensure that she DOES NOT have rights to half. My question would be, why would anyone really want that sort of relationship? I guess that's entirely his business. But then, he is asking for advice on a public forum so I guess it's open for comment .
Ah ok, well I'm being a bit slow today!

If I was her, I'd be very suspicious of his motives. Regardless of paying part of the mortgage and bills, if there's no agreement, she's screwed if he decides to end the relationship and she gets nothing for her investment.

She's the one making the biggest compromise because she's moving some distance, which means she needs new employment. Why would she do that when the stakes for losing everything are so high?

Unmarried people split all the time, regardless of them sharing a mortgage. Truth is already in a good place because he clearly has the money to buy her out if need be.

Last edited by DemolitionRed; 12-05-2017 at 11:58 AM.
DemolitionRed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote