View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 12:59 PM #71
-

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionRed View Post
So you don't want her in on the mortgage and you want an agreement?

She wants to pay half the mortgage but doesn't want an agreement?

She's accepted that you won't let her pay her half of the mortgage but she doesn't want an agreement?
In short; he is going to be putting up more cash than her but is terrified that she is going to screw him over for half of the property once it's bought.

I mean... we know nothing about her really to say whether or not this is a realistic fear, but my take on it is, the fact that it's a fear at all suggests VERY strongly that Mr Truth is not ready for this step .

Truth if it's that much of an issue just buy it 100% yourself and be the sole owner, but with her living with you (if you must...). She pays nothing up front, and nothing towards it afterwards; it's your house. It shouldn't really be a risk for her... if she has the cash to put towards a house now then she can put that money away safely, and even add to it on a monthly basis since she'll be paying no mortgage, and if (when??? as you seem to be sure it'll happen!) you do break up she won't be left in a bad position because she'll still have that money .

She would actually be putting herself in the WORST POSSIBLE position if she does things the way you want to; her putting up the money she has to be a less than 50% owner. In that case, when you break up, she has NO money to set herself up and you have a stronger claim on the property than she does, leaving her pretty much screwed, other than requesting that the property be sold and the money split again, but selling a house can take months if not years. She would have to be insane to sign the agreement you're seeking. And if you really want her to... I can't understand how you can even claim to like this person, let alone love her?

Last edited by Toy Soldier; 12-05-2017 at 01:01 PM.
Toy Soldier is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote